Friday, June 28, 2013

Pre-My Parents Shipping Me Off Without Knowing If I Will Return


Hola.  I figured I would write my first blog post the night before my departure... definitely not because my parents just left for a wedding and brother and sister don't live at home.  Definitely not it.  Although I am DEFINITELY feeling the family love.  Lies we had an amazing dinner last night.  Not at all dampened by my brother repeatedly expressing his confusion (and hint of bitterness) about us celebrating the fact that I am "going on a two-month vacation." 

So I am writing this blog for two reasons- first, I am taking a travel writing course so figured this fits right in.  Second, combining writing, photography, and travel is actually a dream of mine. 
Downsides- anyone who reads this will realize what a freak I am.  In public I tone it down, because believe it or not I am fairly attention shy, but when writing this, I'm pretty good at ignoring the fact that people will read it.  HELLO zero filter.  So everyone reading this is here to track my progress as I search for the reason my sister said "you should not be left unsupervised on a blog." I really can't wait to find out why.  I am also blissfully aware that since i will be so out of touch, I won't realize how many friends I have lost until I return!  Yay for ignorance!!!

Also, let's be real, I'm writing this because I don't want to pack.