Monday, July 1, 2013

Attempting being normal?


So I did something crazy this morning.  I ran.  At 6 am.  Not really sure why I did it, but it was actually the highlight of my trip thus far.  The streets were virtually empty and I got to learn my way around the city a bit.  And by "learn my way around the city a bit" I mean that I stayed on the same road, and would venture off on side roads for a block or two, turn around and return to my road.  So adventurous.  But anyway, after the run I returned to my room to grab my camera... and then I napped.  Obviously I napped, I woke up at 6 AM.
I've been trying to act like a semi-normal person, it's tough though, clearly running at 6 am is not normal. But I've been restraining myself from showing off my IM billiards skills at the pool table (Andrew come play, Caitlin be proud I haven't shown how weird I am).  I figure I shouldn't advertise my IM billiards skills (although I undoubtably will at some point, what do you people expect from me) after my Dad's response to me telling him I played my first IM game and then informing him that it was billiards was "you know some times I start to think you're semi-normal, and then you say weird shit like that."
Besides acting like a semi-normal human being for once, I have to say, being a fake adult in a foreign country is tough when I have to get my British life together.  You know wandered around an hour looking for the phone store.  It was a block from where I live.  Went to 3 book stores to look for a book that I was supposed to start only to find out I can only get it on Amazon.  It's been fun.  I'm contemplating sending my mother a list of things I have to do so she can send me instructions.
So classes start tomorrow, maybe I should pick up a notebook. A pen maybe would be smart. I'm sure the posts will slow down as classes start.

And some pictures from after my run!!!